Types of Floors We Specialize In
At Martinez Hardwood Floors, we work with a large variety of different flooring. Regardless of which type of floors you have or want, we always take the time to prepare your floors with care, invest in the small details and provide you with guidance to help during the decision making process. Click below to read about the different types of floors we work with and learn which floors are best suited for a particular area.
Solid Hardwood enhances the elegance and warmth of your surroundings that is incomparable. Whether it is a cozy, rustic feel you are looking for or a durable and vibrant floor, installing hardwood not only increases the value of your home but also provides high resistance over time.
- The only floor made from solid lumber
- Can be sanded numerous times and refinished for a new look
- Durable, time resistant and comes in raw or pre-finished
Laminate Flooring is a cost efficient way of achieving the look of having a wood floor; however laminate is actually not even wood at all! It is created using resistant layers with a super imposed image of wood grain.
- Can not be sanded, lasts only a few years but offers an economic alternative
- High stain resistance (good for areas with children, pets)
- Designed to float (not attach to the subfloor)
Bamboo Flooring is growing in popularity as the new trend for “green” flooring. It has gained a reputation as an eco-friendly flooring option as it is a highly renewable source of material. Compared to wood it grows much faster because Bamboo is actually a grass, not a wood!
- Made from the bamboo species Moso which comes from China
- Characterized by durability, hardness and stability
- Takes about 3-5 years to mature compared to wood which can take 20-120 years
At Martinez Hardwood Floors, we strive to find environmentally friendly solutions. From our Dust Containment System to Flooring alternatives like Bamboo, and Finishing options through Bona’©s line of Waterborne finishes, which are natural looking, durable and with low V.O.C.’s (Volatile Organic Compounds). The Bona © system is the only GREENGUARD certified system in the industry.
Engineered Hardwood floors are a smart alternative to solid hardwood in areas prone to high moisture levels as it is manufactured with strong layers that are moisture resistant.
- High level of moisture resistance
- Can be sanded once or twice over time
- Durable, strong with a variety of pre-finished options
Cork Flooring offers a comfortable material under your feet with a modern look. Cork acts as a natural sound barrier and comes in many different styles.
- Made from bark of the Oak tree
- Self insulating against temperature change and noise levels
- Soft under foot
Luxury Vinyl Flooring
Luxury Vinyl Flooring is ideal for commercial or industrial spaces. Available in hardwood plank or tile styles, they will not expand, contract, curl or crack like ordinary vinyl tiles. Waterproof, dent and scratch resistant make them an ideal solution for moisture prone and heavy traffic areas.
- Clean glue-less installation
- No emissions & made from recycled materials
- Commercial and residential manufacturer warranty
Bona © Care Cleaning System
The Bona © Hardwood Floor Care System includes everything needed for easy and safe cleaning of hardwood floors on a professional level.
Easy Care Tips:
- Avoid unwanted scratching from furniture against your floor, by placing protective pads on furniture legs
- Spills are a part of everyday life; simply wipe them up as soon as they happen
- High heels, although they may look great with your outfit, can cause dents in your wood floors
- Placing mats at door entrances can help to prevent dirt from scratching or dulling your floor over time
- When moving furniture around, try not to drag any furniture or other heavy objects across your wood floors